Re: SOAP and Cacheability

My impression is that the major vendors aren't doing a whole lot to enhance
their SOAP stacks at this point, but I could be wrong about that. More to
the point, they seem not to have been convinced that the RESTful variant
was worth the trouble then, and since then there's been a lot of deployment
that just uses POST.

Frankly, I think a lot of the use cases where one might have considered use
of RESTful SOAP are now JSON, and I'd be disinclined to fight that trend.
The pros and cons are ultimately somewhat subtle in principle (e.g.
documents vs. just data), but in practice this is where everyone is going,
and mostly works, and for the data-only cases it's convenient. So, I'm
doubtful much is going to happen on the SOAP side.

Noah