Re: Proposed text for WSDL issue 1

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I'm sorry I missed the call today.   Can someone please update me where we
> are on the multicast question.  The following implies that one-way is
> multicast after all.  I vaguely recall that we were looking at two
> variants with slight differences.  Can someone remind me what we have and
> haven't agreed wrt that?  The attached seems to assume that one-way
> includes multicast.  Thank you.

My understanding is that we put out a draft with multicast (as indicated
by the text being replaced), along with a prominent note asking for
feedback.  The only feedback we've received to the comments list is from
the WSDL group, and none of their comments takes issue with multicast.

On the call, we opted for proposal 1, with the amendment that we say
that the /envelope/ in the message properties  SHOULD be identical, as
opposed to the entire property itself.  This change deliberately avoids
touching anything to do with multicast -- it's equally valid for
unicast, except that you would want to rephrase "each successful
receiver".  Proposal 2 was also intended to leave multicast alone, but
to make the role of properties more explicit.  As has often been the
case, the underlying issue is independent of multicast.

In short, the draft was multicast, the current version is still
multicast, just more sharply defined, we had asked for comments on
multicast and no one commented.