How omniscient is "omniscient"?

From: David Hull <dmh@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:00:51 -0500
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

There has been some use lately of the terms "peep-hole" and
"omniscient", referring to views of the SOAP activity in a MEP
instance.  I don't know what either of those terms means here.  To see
whether a one-way message exchange has happened, we need to look at the
sender and all receivers /and nothing else/ (like so many other things,
this is independent of the supposedly complicating matter of how many
receivers there are. If you like, substitute "the receiver").

If all receivers receive a message identical to the one sent, then we
have normal operation of the one-way MEP.  If not, we have abnormal
operation, which MAY produce faults.

I'm not sure if this view is a "peep-hole" view or an "omniscient"
view.  Whatever it is, it appears to work.