Re: The deep difference between request/response and fire-and-forget

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 16:23:25 -0500
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org

> After this little bit of analysis, it seems that the only reason to have
> the 2 different MEPs is specify what a connection close after send
> means, specifically what the next state is.  For faf, connection close
> after send means Success.  For r-ore that is different than faf,
> connection close after send would mean Fail.
>
> However, I think that we can hit the 80/20 by providing a r-ore mep and
> specifying that connection close after send results in Success.

Last week I would have agreed.

Having been (re)educated by our HTTP guru, I now realize that closing
the connection after sending your HTTP request, but without reading the
return HTTP response, is a breakage of HTTP...  ergo, don't do that.

	/r$

--
SOA Appliance Group
IBM Application Integration Middleware