Re: Action Item - Part I: WSRX and MEP signaling on the wire

On 1/4/06, David Hull <dmh@tibco.com> wrote:
>  The reliability standards I've seen distinguish between submit/deliver and
> transmit/receive.

i.e. they distinguish between transfer and transport (respectively).

>  The upshot here is that, even if I use a TCP-based transport, and even if
> that transport allows for status codes or some other indication of a
> successful exchange, successful transmission of a message does not imply
> successful delivery.

If it's a transfer protocol, that's *exactly* what it implies.

Sorry for my terseness, but I'm simultaneously bleeding from the ears,
pulling out my hair, and gritting my teeth, wondering why oh why folks
continue to treat application protocols like HTTP as transport
protocols, when what you clearly need *is* a transfer protocol!!

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.       http://www.markbaker.ca