Re: Describing which blobs are to be optimized.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:57:20 -0700
Ugo Corda <UCorda@SeeBeyond.com> wrote:
> I also have my doubts about the rationale for focusing on the endpoint
> declaration of the provider agent. For instance, what does that endpoint
> mean in the case of an Out-only pattern? Wouldn't it be more useful to
> have the endpoint declaration of the "requester" agent instead?

Only if you're locked into thinking about HTTP and client/server models.

In a pub/sub world, an out-only pattern (or any out-initial pattern) is a
nice fit, and we expect to see these widely used.  This is because, in
pub/sub, the service is talking, not listening; publishing, not serving.
The other nodes interacting with the service are not requesters/clients,
but listeners/subscribers.

> I don't see why it should be that way and why we should assume that the
> provider agent's behavior is better known than the requester agent's
> behavior.

Because the WSDL is always from the point of view of the service.  This is
ground we have gone over multiple times.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis
Senior Architect