RE: MTOM/XOP implementations/prototypes and use cases?

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:52:57 -0400
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Aleksander Slominski" <aslom@cs.indiana.edu>, xml-dist-app@w3.org

Alek:  perhaps these references will help you with details of the process
to which "Gudge" is referring.  [1] is a link to the W3C Process Document,
which describes the operation of W3C workgroups, how technology comes to
W3C, etc.  Within that process document, chapter 7 [2] describes the
phases through which a technology proceeds to "Recommendation" status, and
[3] describes in particular the "Call for Implementations" that
accompanies Candidate Recommendation status.  I hope this will help to
address your concerns.  Note that the "Advisory Committee" to which the
process refers consists of the representatives of the 350 or so W3C member

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/tr.html#Reports
[3] http://www.w3.org/2004/02/Process-20040205/tr.html#cfi

Noah Mendelsohn