Re: MTOM/XOP implementations/prototypes and use cases?

xml-dist-app-request@w3.org wrote on 06/07/2004 09:08:35 AM:

> hi,
>
> are there available any (open source?) implementations/prototypes  that
> validate proposed spec practicality (casual googling did not find any)?
>
> isnt it important to follow IETF model for more than one proof of
> concept implementation or is it too early at this stage?

the working group (WG) will be looking for >1 proof of concept when we
enter what W3C calls "Candidate Recommendation" (CR) review, however the WG
is just about to enter "Last Call" review which typically precedes CR

> what is the current timeline for XOP/MTOM?
>
> did anybody try to set some use case and test interoperability?

this will be part of CR, as an example see what we did for SOAP 1.2 CR:
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html

> it seems that since conception of initial idea the description becomes
> more and more formal/complex/harder to read (like dependency on XML
> Query model which depends on PSVI from XML Schemas ...).

we no longer rely on Query's dm, e.g.
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/3/06/Attachments/OptimizationMechanism.html,
 you need to make sure you are reading the most up to date versions of our
specs, they are still works in progress ....

> thanks,
>
> alek

thanks,
David Fallside