Re: MTOM/XOP implementations/prototypes and use cases?

From: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:03:57 -0700
To: Aleksander Slominski <aslom@cs.indiana.edu>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org

xml-dist-app-request@w3.org wrote on 06/07/2004 09:08:35 AM:

> hi,
> are there available any (open source?) implementations/prototypes  that
> validate proposed spec practicality (casual googling did not find any)?
> isnt it important to follow IETF model for more than one proof of
> concept implementation or is it too early at this stage?

the working group (WG) will be looking for >1 proof of concept when we
enter what W3C calls "Candidate Recommendation" (CR) review, however the WG
is just about to enter "Last Call" review which typically precedes CR

> what is the current timeline for XOP/MTOM?
> did anybody try to set some use case and test interoperability?

this will be part of CR, as an example see what we did for SOAP 1.2 CR:

> it seems that since conception of initial idea the description becomes
> more and more formal/complex/harder to read (like dependency on XML
> Query model which depends on PSVI from XML Schemas ...).

we no longer rely on Query's dm, e.g.
 you need to make sure you are reading the most up to date versions of our
specs, they are still works in progress ....

> thanks,
> alek

David Fallside
Chair, XMLP WG