Language for resolving issue 440

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:29:46 -0800
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Cc: "Marc Hadley" <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>

At the FTF in San Francisco, Marc Hadley and I took an action to propose
wording for the agreed resolution of issue 440. I note that Section
4.3.1 of the latest editors draft contains the following language:

Each optimized Node MUST generate exactly one extracted binary part in
the resulting package. I.e., extracted binary parts MUST NOT be
referenced with more than one miffy:Include in the SOAP message part.

This language seems to be along the right lines, although I'm not sure
it's entirely appropriate to the section it's in ( which is talking
about serialization, whereas the phrasing above seems to be somewhat
related to deserialization ). Anyhow, I'll propose alternative wording
by the Monday deadline if I think it's critical given our pub schedule.

GUdge