Re: Media types handling in WSDL 1.2

Philippe,

Your note would imply that the ws-desc WG is going to take on the
descriptive side of the attachments/message optimization work currently
underway in the XMLP WG.

The first draft of MTOM[1] includes the following:

"This document represents a transmission optimization mechanism which
was
inspired by a similar mechanism in the PASWA document (see [PASWA] ).
The WG plans to work later on the other parts of that document
(assigning media types to binary data in XML infosets and including
representations of Web resources in SOAP messages) and to publish other
drafts which will include such mechanisms."

Does the involvement of the ws-desc WG mean that the XMLP WG can skip
working on the description oriented parts of PASWA ?

Marc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-soap12-mtom-20030721/

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>