Re: PASWA, Include and Protocol Bindings and Content-Codings

From: Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:02:24 -0700
To: "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>, "Marc Hadley" <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Cc: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> Also one neat part would be that the HTTP binding could use something
like
> encoding of a SOAP envelope (if we don't want to define another MIME
> type).

That's interesting. It's specific to HTTP, but I imagine that most
transports will have an analogous function. In any case, if we go down a
binding route, we'll need to specify something seperate for each transport
anyway.

Thinking out loud, if it were done as something like a HTTP
content-coding, it would almost seem better to invent a new, non-XML
syntax to allow it to be more compact and efficient to process (as well as
not confusing the matter)...