RE: Opaque data, XML, and SOAP

From: Don Box <dbox@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:42:39 -0800
To: "Anne Thomas Manes" <anne@manes.net>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Since publishing that paper at XML.COM, many people have been asking the
exact same thing. I had several developers come up to me last week at
XML Web Services One and thank us for validating the approach they've
been using in deployed systems. In at least two of these cases, the
developers looked at SwA (and WS-Attachments) and opted for the simpler
approach that lets them stay in the world of XML.

DB