MTOM issue: does the HTTP update need to be a feature?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2003 21:02:11 +0200
To: XMLP Dist App <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Hi all,  (repost from the WG list)

I have a question about the MTOM document: does the HTTP implementation
of the abstract feature actually need to be a SOAP feature?

I thought that we would somehow extend the HTTP binding so that it
implements section 2 using section 3. Section 4 doesn't do that
extension, it introduces a feature that still has to be incorporated
into the HTTP binding. So I suggest we rework section 4 to become the
glue between our HTTP binding and section 3. It would keep most of
section 4.3.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect