New Attachments Issues

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:25:13 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

All,

Following the resolution of issue 429[1], I'd like to raise the
following new issues:

1: "What are the semantics of attachments w.r.t. SOAP intermediaries.
E.g. do we expect intermediaries to preserve what is serialized as
attachments and what is serialized inside the SOAP envelope."

2: "How does the binding determine which nodes to serialize as
attachments ?"

Amongst the many possible answers, the following spring immediately to
mind:

(i) We don't specify that.
(ii) An implementation specific mechanism (similar to (i) but we
explicitly say so).
(iii) Its triggered by something in the infoset - if so, what.

Thanks,
Marc.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues#x429

--