New Attachments Issues

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:25:13 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Following the resolution of issue 429[1], I'd like to raise the
following new issues:

1: "What are the semantics of attachments w.r.t. SOAP intermediaries.
E.g. do we expect intermediaries to preserve what is serialized as
attachments and what is serialized inside the SOAP envelope."

2: "How does the binding determine which nodes to serialize as
attachments ?"

Amongst the many possible answers, the following spring immediately to

(i) We don't specify that.
(ii) An implementation specific mechanism (similar to (i) but we
explicitly say so).
(iii) Its triggered by something in the infoset - if so, what.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues#x429

Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>