Re: regarding the resolution of issue 431

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 13:50:30 -0400
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mark.nottingham@bea.com>, "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

On Friday, Jul 11, 2003, at 07:41 US/Eastern, Jacek Kopecky wrote:

> I also motion to close the (narrower) issue 431 because there seems to
> be consensus in the WG that intermediaries can, in general, change what
> is optimized. If we come up with a requirement that is contrary to this
> (which seems extremely unlikely, considering the voices in the group)
> the requirement will be a new information and we'll happily reopen the
> issue.

As an example, somebody (I don't remember who) mentioned, during the
last telcon, a requirement that attachment order be preserved. I think
its premature to start closing potentially related issues until such
requirements are clear. Of course we can always close then re-open
issues, but what's the point in doing that ?

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>