Re: Are RPC/Encoded Web Services vanishing?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:29:32 -0400
To: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Cc: "Agarwal, Naresh" <nagarwal@informatica.com>, "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

* Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com> [2003-07-12 21:48-0400]

> > Is RPC/Encoded form of SOAP is vanishing out and Doc/Literal form of
> > SOAP is going to be more popular in the future?
>
> Yes.  WS-I discouraged its use, and WSDL 1.2 used that as rationale to
> drop it.

And it only became a W3C recommendation less than a month ago. Fickle fashion! ;)

Am I the only one who finds SOAP Encoding to have potential? I guess mostly
because it has a data model almost isomorphic to RDF's, so I don't see
it as necessarily being bound to RPC and lazy 'myobject.toXML()' coding
style...

Dan