Comments on 1st July draft of SMTOM

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:35:13 -0700
To: "Herve Ruellan" <herve.ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, <mark.nottingham@bea.com>, <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "XMLP Dist App" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Gentlemen,

I've been reading the 1st July check-in of the SOAP MTOM. It's
definitely headed in the right direction. I especially like the
layering, it seems nice and clean. I have a couple of comments:

1.	Section 3.3.2, bullet 4 is missing some text. It currently
reads:

	"Modify the SOAP message infoset by replacing each element
information item in the list by an xbinc:Include element information
item referring to the body part of the MIME Multipart/Related packaging
containing its serialization."

I'm think it should read something like:

	Modify the SOAP message infoset by replacing the content of each
element information item in the list by an xbinc:Include element
information item referring to the body part of the MIME
Multipart/Related packaging containing its serialization.

note the addition of 'the content'

2.	Section 3.3.2, bullet 3. Regarding the editorial note on
Content-type, PASWA defaulted to application/octet-stream in the absence
of a well-known attribute on the element information item to be
optimized. We could do the same thing ( I realise that such an attribute
is currently not defined in this document ). I have a feeling that for
security reasons it will behoove us to put the content-type into the XML
anyway.

3.	Section 3.3.3, fault generation. I'm conflicted about the second
( xbinc:NotFoundHRef ). I'm tempted to say that it's a MUST rather than
a SHOULD as I don't think it's right to use xbin:Include\@href to refer
to stuff outside the MIME package.

Hope this helps,

Gudge