RE: [Fwd: Re: Bug in 2.3.0 ... or bug in SOAP schema?]

Martin Gudgin writes:

>> Well, the canonical rep for xs:boolean is false,
>> but this isn't xs:boolean, it's a type that only
>> allows the lexical reps '1' and '0', so I'm not
>> certain that rule applies...

>> I'll check with the XML Schema WG.

I believe that when you restrict a schema type to eliminate a canonical
form, then the resulting type has no canonical form for the value(s) in
question.  I >think< but am not 100% sure that attributes of the
restricted type cannot have default or fixed values (which must be valid
per the canonical type).

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Sent by: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org
02/24/2003 08:04 AM

        cc:     (bcc: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        RE: [Fwd: Re: Bug in 2.3.0 ... or bug in SOAP schema?]

Well, the canonical rep for xs:boolean is false, but this isn't
xs:boolean, it's a type that only allows the lexical reps '1' and '0', so
I'm not certain that rule applies...

I'll check with the XML Schema WG.

Gudge