RE: treatment of ns prefixes by intermediaries

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:09:08 -0800
To: <mlong@phalanxsys.com>, "Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com>, "David Fallside" <fallside@us.ibm.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

For WS-Security these are schema default values and hence only exist
after schema processing. I would argue that you can't add or remove
these values at intermediaries.

> (2) Must preservation in terms of values be absolute, e.g.,
> can MU="1" be represented as MU="true"

Preservation of values is at the Infoset ( rather than PSVI ) level. So
for attributes [normalized value] must be preserved.

> (3) Must the encoding attribute of the xml declaration (if
> any) be preserved, if over HTTP.

Good question, the spec implies yes, but I don't think it's actually
necessary. Perhaps the language should be relaxed somewhat ( perhaps by
adding another exception ).

Gudge