RE: treatment of ns prefixes by intermediaries

(1) What happens with default properties of headers, e.g., WS-Security
"Password" element carries a "Type" attribute with a default value of
"wss:PasswordText."  Can a default value be inserted OR omitted
depending on case?
(2) Must preservation in terms of values be absolute, e.g., can MU="1"
be represented as MU="true"
(3) Must the encoding attribute of the xml declaration (if any) be
preserved, if over HTTP.

-Matt Long

On