Re: What is a SOAP Message

+1 to Noah's last message, but I also wanted to respond to Dave's
questions ...

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:08:09PM -0800, David Orchard wrote:
> woah, that seems a bit extreme.
>
> Does that mean if I have a method in an HTML form - like GetStockQuote :-) -
> that the HTML result isn't a representation as well?

No, response messages of any kind are almost always representations,
independant of the form of request message.

- getStockQuote("SUNW") returns a representation
- GET /foo returns a representation

As an example of what it means to return a non-representation, imagine
sending a request, and getting a response that was really another
request that the protocol said you had to treat as a request, not just
opaque data.

> So dereferencing URIs can result in representations and non-representations?

Just representations.

MB