Re: Issue 302: Graph edges that do not terminate

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:31:49 -0400
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>, Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, XMLP Dist App <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

You point out that RPC rules out more than a single child header.  Where
do we stand on encodings that span from body to header?  Though I
certainly not encourage it, that would allow in principle for one root to
be in a header (my X element) and another in the Body, even for RPC.  So,
I think it's important for interop that we be clear on what is and is not
allowed, and what the interpretation of each legal form is in terms of
graphs.  I'm still a bit vague on what the status quo is saying.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142