RE: Proposal for new last call issue: Some unprocessed headers should stay

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:29:08 -0700
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>, "XMLP Dist App" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I don't want to let the positive reactions to the table be affected by
what I think is a minor comment about editorial impact. In short, like
the table!

However, in pretty much all the specs I have been involved in,
duplication of normative text has turned out problematic because of
tweaks not being applied consistently. You could of course say that we
didn't try hard enough but I think this is a case where theory and
practice may differ.

I am completely open to whether we make the table normative and the
prose non-normative, or the other way round but let's stick to one
place.

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
mailto:henrikn@microsoft.com