Text for issue 300/359

From: <gdaniels@macromedia.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:22:00 +0100
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Hi folks:

My apologies, I've been sucked into other areas recently and haven't come
 through on my action item from the 2nd.  Here is a cut at the text from
 discussion as I recall it.

In Part 1, Appendix A, change "Note" to "Notes" and insert the following
 before the existing note:

Note that there may well be transport binding mismatches in either of these
 situations, which may
prevent the nodes from even processing a message.  For instance, the SOAP
 1.1[link] HTTP binding requires
a content-type of "text/xml", whereas the SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding[link]
 specifies "application/soap+xml".
If a SOAP 1.1 node receives a typical SOAP 1.2 HTTP message, it will not
 recognize it due to the
content-type mismatch.  Therefore, SOAP 1.1 nodes which wish to respond
 an upgrade fault (rather
than a binding-level fault) over HTTP must be modified to accept the SOAP

SOAP 1.2 nodes wishing to either provide SOAP 1.1 functionality OR to
 to SOAP 1.1 messages with
an upgrade fault must respect the appropriate SOAP 1.1 transport bindings.
 For example, in the HTTP case,
SOAP 1.2 nodes must accept HTTP messages with content-type "text/xml" for
 purposes of SOAP 1.1
processing or faulting.

Does this get the jist across?  Once again, apologies for the late action.