RE: Proposal for new last call issue: Some unprocessed headers should stay

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:05:11 -0700
To: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>, "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@systinet.com>, "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: "Noah Mendelsohn" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, "XMLP Dist App" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

>Are you suggesting we should use "relayIfNotProcessed" instead?
>Is that a go-back-to-WD solution? (Yves?)

The concern I have with this model is that I think it tends to
introduces more edge cases than the relay role with respect to
interactions with existing semantics in the SOAP. The examples that I
have run into are:

        <soap:Header>
                <hfn:myHeader role="..any role you like..."
                                mustUnderstand="true"
                                relayIfNotProcessed="true">
                </hfn:myHeader>
        </soap:Header>

and

        <soap:Header>
                <hfn:myHeader role="none"
                                relayIfNotProcessed="false">
                </hfn:myHeader>
        </soap:Header>

and

        <soap:Header>
                <hfn:myHeader role="ultimate receiver"
                                relayIfNotProcessed="true">
                </hfn:myHeader>
        </soap:Header>

I haven't found similar complications with the relay role.

Henrik