encodingStyle permitted locations

From: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:30:26 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

I think there's a minor problem with the current text that specifies
where the encodingStyle attribute can go. The current text says:

<current>
The encodingStyle attribute information item MAY only appear on:

1.  A SOAP header block (see 5.2.1 SOAP header block).

2.  A child element information item of the SOAP Body element
information item (see 5.3.1 SOAP Body child Element).

3.  A child element information item of the SOAP Detail element
information item (see 5.4.5.1 SOAP detail entry).

4.  Any descendent of 1, 2, and 3 above.
</current>

A SOAP Fault can be a child of the SOAP Body, but I don't think we
really intend to permit that. I propose we modify the text to read:

<proposed>
The encodingStyle attribute information item MAY only appear on:

1.  A SOAP header block (see 5.2.1 SOAP header block).

2.  A child element information item of the SOAP Body element
information item (see 5.3.1 SOAP Body child Element) if that child is
not a SOAP Fault element information item (see ref to Fault EII).

3.  A child element information item of the SOAP Detail element
information item (see 5.4.5.1 SOAP detail entry).

4.  Any descendent of 1, 2, and 3 above.
</proposed>

Comments ?

Marc.

--