Re: SOAP Header Element Question

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 09:47:10 +0100
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
CC: Frank Adams-Watters <fwatters@DataStructures.com>, "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

To add to this, it is perfectly legal to have NOT have a <Header>
element. As Jacek points out, NOT having a <Header> element or
having a <Header> element with no header block is different from
a syntactic POV, but equivalent from a processing model POV.

A SOAP receiver must process all the blocks targetted to it. If
there are no blocks, whether because there is no <Header> element
or because there is no header block doesn't make a difference
from a processing model POV.

Jean-Jacques.