Re: Issue 192 & R803

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:04:46 -0500 (EST)
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: chris.ferris@sun.com, rayw@netscape.com (Ray Whitmer), xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Chapter 2 of the soap framework makes
> clear that a fault in such a successfully received message will be treated
> as a fault.

I just re-read section 2, and didn't notice anything like that.  But if
there was something in there that said what you claim, it would be a
violation of R803.

> So, I think it's quite legitimate for you to argue that my proposal would
> be the wrong one on the merits.  I don't see how it could be an R803
> violation.  Thank you.

That's fair (modulo the above concern).  But I'd ask that we clearly
label this binding as being one that will prevent some HTTP
intermediaries from being used in the chain.

MB