RE: T is for Transfer

> From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
[snip]
> BTW, what do you mean by "application-level payloads"?
E.g. SOAP messages, XML messages, ...
Note that HTTP messages can be seen as application-level payloads
as well.  Such payload's PDU is usually per-message, though
sometimes the boundaries are murky, like in the case of HTML text.

In contrast, TCP packets are transport-level payload for
network-level protocols like IP, where the PDU is per-packet.

Cheers,

Joe Hui
Exodus, a Cable & Wireless service