RE: Is whitespace significant in SOAP Messages?

Yes, I think you have the technical analysis right.

Regarding release of the draft:  I can't speak for the WG, but you are
correct if you infer that the text in the editors drafts is hoped to be
near final.  Now, even if the WG feels that way, there are a set of steps
in the W3C process, such as "last call" and "proposed recommendation"
before this could become a recommendation.  If everyone who reviews this
work loves it, then there need be no significant changes on the way to
rec.  If issues are raised, then the resolutions might have anything from
a small effect, to a large effect, to actually derailing the whole effort
(not likely, but concievable in principle.)

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Kevin Johnsrude <kevinj@roguewave.com>
06/19/02 03:10 PM