FW: LC #220 (was RE: Raw minutes of 10 July 2002)

[Copying to xml-dist-app]

-----Original Message-----
From: Williams, Stuart
Sent: 11 July 2002 12:30
To: 'Jean-Jacques Moreau'
Cc: w3c-xml-protocol-wg@w3.org
Subject: LC #220 (was RE: Raw minutes of 10 July 2002)

> 220
>
> DavidO: Don't understand the issue.
> MarcH: Agree.
> DavidO: Wait for Stuart.
>
> Postponed. Wait for Stuart.

Another comment arising from a pre LC review.

Simply stated: One part of the document [1] states that a binding
specification does "define its own processing rules [for features expressed
external to the SOAP envelope] to which a SOAP nodes is expected to
conform."; While another part of the document [2] states that "a binding
does *not* provide a separate processing model...".

Taken together, the meaning of [1] and [2] is at best not clear, and at
worst contradictory. There may be subtle differences the use of terms like
"processing rules" and "processing model".

I don't have a fix to offer, because I know what the text is trying to tell
me.

Regards

Stuart
--
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-soap12-part1-20020626/#soapfeature
2nd to last sentence of last paragraph states:

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-soap12-part1-20020626/#transpbindframew
Last paragraph states:
"A binding does not provide a separate processing model and does not
constitute a SOAP node by itself. Rather a SOAP binding is an integral part
of a SOAP node (see 2. SOAP Processing Model)."