Re: text/xml vs. application/soap

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:12:14 +0200 (CEST)
To: Grahame Grieve <grahame@kestral.com.au>
cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org

 Grahame,
 it's application/soap+xml (note the added +xml).
 Anyway, this MIME type is used in SOAP 1.2 HTTP binding, whereas
the SOAP 1.1 HTTP binding uses text/xml. Therefore SOAP 1.1 nodes
(the prevalent ones now) accept text/xml. The SOAP 1.2 aware
nodes shall accept application/soap+xml.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation
                   http://www.systinet.com/