Re: LC Comments: Web Method Feature (really: REST & SOAP)

Squid honors the nocache headers, etc. You can also fake out the less
intelligent caches (e.g. AOL) by requiring HTTP AUTH or constructing URL's
so that they look like they're CGI's.

My gut reaction is that you typically want to _not_ cache any SOAP-stye
messaging, in order to avoid the application-level collisions (e.g. "I want
to know who asked for that information, even if the answer could be cached")
but may well want to cache data associated with that messaging (i.e. Pass
data by reference to a URL, and cache the contents of the document at the
URL). So I think the application author can control this...

- LP