RE: FW: LC Comments: Web Method Feature

I'm not sure I appreciate the distinction between "layering" and
"inheritance" in this context.  When you "layer" TCP over IP, you
"inherit" internetworking.  When you "layer" HTTP over TCP, you
"inherit" streamed data and connection semantics and internetworking.

The practice of "dressing up" objects to look like something else
seems more like a short term fix than an architecture choice, and
my understanding is that this group is searching for durable
design choices, not quick fixes.

You seem to be saying that non-networked software is rife with the
decay of the short term fix, and that therefore networking software
must follow suit.  In a sense you are predicting the failure of
the architecture group. (!) Is that a correct reading?

Walden