Re: FW: LC Comments: Web Method Feature

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:13:22 -0400
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Marc,

I think my response to Stuart should answer your first question.

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 01:24:54PM +0100, Marc Hadley wrote:
> All good questions. I don't think the MEP and web method feature (as
> currently formulated) are particularly orthogonal. I wonder if a better
> formulation might be to add an optional "safe" feature instead of the
> existing web method feature such that the HTTP binding will use GET only
> when the MEP is response and the "safe" feature is set ?

While GET is safe, not all safe methods are GET.  For example, HEAD is
safe.

I have to admit to being confused by the suggestions to derive the
method.  Why is that desirable?  A developer has to know what methods
are being invoked.  How else can they get their job done?

MB