Re: Repost issue: missing accessors same as NILs?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:01:09 -0500
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
I don't think I wrote clearly enough.

I am concerned that by saying "default value" rather than "unspecified
values", that careless programmers will assume an "obvious" default,
such as zero for all numbers, etc., and that SOAP implementors will be
forced to implement this because careless programmers on popular
platforms end up "forcing" everyone else to play along.

I have been doing distributed systems for awhile -- I maintained an idl
compiler at BBN over a decade ago -- and I was still mislead by your text.
	/r$

--
Zolera Systems, http://www.zolera.com
Information Integrity, XML Security