RE: SOAP port number

From: Williams, Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:33:06 -0000
To: "'Henrik Frystyk Nielsen'" <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Henrik,

I wasn't aware that we had commissioned a security section specific to HTTP
- not saying that that would be bad, just wasn't conscious that we had pick
up an action specific to HTTP.

Part 1 section 5 contains an empty security section [4] and it also contains
some discussion about default ports binding to application-specific
protocols [5].

I don't think we have lost any (content-ful) material on this topic from the
current WDs.

Stuart
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part1-20011217/#NAF1
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-soap12-part1-20011217/#NAE2