Re: SOAP port number

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:43:02 -0500 (EST)
To: henrikn@microsoft.com (Henrik Frystyk Nielsen)
Cc: ksankar@cisco.com (Krishna Sankar), xml-dist-app@w3.org
> IIRC, we decided [3] to keep the port and have a security section in the
> HTTP binding section warning about the dangers of using SOAP over HTTP
> in general and in particular about the port issue.

It looks like at that f2f, Mark's "Proposal One" was adopted;

   Dedicate a sizeable portion of text warning of the dangers of using
   the default port, and encouraging the use of an alternate port when
   possible.

Which is great from my POV.  But I don't think that precludes us
defining an alternate port in the default HTTP binding that folks can
use in place of 80.  But I don't have strong feelings one way or the
other.  It would only be for convenience.

MB