Re: Draft registration of application/soap+xml

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:16:54 -0500 (EST)
To: rsalz@zolera.com (Rich Salz)
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> Ah, got it.

Excellent!

>  My perception "Security Considerations" usually refers to
> issues within the thing being defined, and (much) less so its
> implications on others.  For example, "the password could be exposed,"
> and not "this may result in arbitrary code being executed in your
> webserver." :)

You're absolutely right that security considerations usually refers to
those things (MarkN said the same thing to me), but I felt that this
topic was the most important security consideration for using SOAP.
Firewall admins are going to want to know whether they should trust
application/soap+xml content, so I want us to be frank about the
implications of it.

> I think sec3 is wrongly-oriented, but don't (yet) have alternative text
> to propose.

Then put on your thinkin' cap!  8-) I'm open to any any and all
suggestions to improve on it.  But I hope you agree that discussing
what I explained to you is an important topic.

MB