Re: Soap Message Canonicalization (SM-C14N)

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:03:37 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
CC: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, xml-dist-app <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> * There are no restrictions on where a SOAP intermediary can insert
> additional header blocks. That is, an intermediary can insert blocks
> between any other blocks in a SOAP header.

I think that one result of this is that if you want to sign multiple
header elements than each such header must have an XML ID, since you
can't use position.  That's probably acceptable. We can avoid the
onerous "full-content sort order" by replacing it with "sort by document
order."
	/r$

--
Zolera Systems, http://www.zolera.com