Re: Soap Message Canonicalization (SM-C14N)

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:09:44 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
My first AI, I wanted to look good. :)

 >it is *only* if it has the default value

> 	http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope/role/ultimate

Ah, missed that, will fix in next posting, thanks.

> Regarding the ordering, I am not sure alpha ordering works as one can
> have multiple instances of the same block in a message.

The intent is that the entire element and its contents are sorted, so
will sort as given.  In most cases there won't be repeated elements, so
you can look sort by prefix and localname, buffering the full
serialization only for duplicates.

Make sense?
Zolera Systems, http://www.zolera.com
Information Integrity, XML Security