Re: Soap Message Canonicalization (SM-C14N)

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:09:44 -0500
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
My first AI, I wanted to look good. :)

 >it is *only* if it has the default value

> 	http://www.w3.org/2001/09/soap-envelope/role/ultimate

Ah, missed that, will fix in next posting, thanks.

> Regarding the ordering, I am not sure alpha ordering works as one can
> have multiple instances of the same block in a message.

The intent is that the entire element and its contents are sorted, so
	<a:foo>1</a:foo>
and
	<a:foo>2</a:foo>
will sort as given.  In most cases there won't be repeated elements, so
you can look sort by prefix and localname, buffering the full
serialization only for duplicates.

Make sense?
	/r$
--