RPC Mapping

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:35:29 -0000
To: "XML Protocol Discussion" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
In the editors copy of Part 2[1], section 4.1[2] states of [in] and [in/out]
parameters in the request that;

 'These appear in the same order as in the procedure or method signature.'

For [out] and [in/out] parameters in the response it states;

 'The return value accessor SHOULD be first, followed by the accessors for
the parameters which SHOULD be in the same order as they appear in the
procedure or method signature.'

Why the inconsistency? I think we should say the same thing for both request
and response. I don't have a *strong* opinion about whether we should
enforce order or not, but I'd tend to lean toward lining up the response
description with the description of the request.

Gudge

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part2.xml
[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part2.xml#IDAGG5CF