Issue 102: Clarify Rules for Delivering Fault Messages

The TBTF discussed the proposed resolution to issue 102 [1] and would like
to recommend closure of issue 102 as follows.

Part 1 Section 5.3 "Binding Framework" [5] states:

<quote>

As described above, SOAP can be augmented with optional features, (such as
reliable message delivery, request/response MEPs, multicast MEPs, etc.). The
specification of each such feature MUST include the following:

1. The information (state) required at each node to implement the feature.

2. The processing required at each node in order to fulfill the obligations
of the feature.

3. The information transmitted from node to node, and in the case of MEPs,
any requirements to generate additional messages (such as responses to
requests in a request/response MEP).

</quote>

I propose that the third list item be amended as follows:

<proposedText>
3. The information transmitted from node to node, and in the case of MEPs,
any requirements to generate additional messages (such as responses to
requests in a request/response MEP)>> and rules for the delivery or
other disposition of SOAP faults generated during the operation of the
MEP<<.
</proposedText>

The proposed text differs from the earlier proposal [1] in that the
additional clause is added at the end of the sentence rather than in the
middle.

Best regards

Stuart
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2002Jan/0403.html