1.2 Http Get Binding example in SOAP 1.2 spec

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne@manes.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:29:03 -0500
To: "Xml-Dist-App@W3. Org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

James Sievert of Unisys has identified the following issue:
(From the SOAP discussion list)

Date:    Mon, 30 Dec 2002 07:35:07 -0600
From:    "Sievert, James A" <James.Sievert@UNISYS.COM>
Subject: Re: 1.2 Http Get Binding...

> you can think of a unique service method that is completely
> identified by its URI. You don't need to give it a method
> name or a set of parameters.

I understand this up to the point at which I see an example like the
following in the SOAP Spec.:

GET /travelcompany.example.org/reservations?code=FT35ZBQ

I have to parse this.  If parsing wasn't meant to happen and URIs opaque,
why doesn't the Spec. use example URIs like the following:

GET /travelcompany.example.org/reservations/FT35ZBQ

Thanks,
Jim

You can read messages from the SOAP archive, unsubscribe from SOAP, or
subscribe to other
DevelopMentor lists at http://discuss.develop.com.