Issue 231: struct v array in edge case

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:54:54 -0700
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I think we can close this issue[1] with no action. I don't think the
spec mandates that the edge names for an array HAVE to be different. All
it says is that they edges are 'distinguished' by position. I can ( and
sometime do ) distinguish my children by position if I like, number 1
and number 2, but they still have different names, Matthew and Sam. Of
course, George Foreman kind of provides a counter-example ;-), but I
think the argument holds. It's about how the interpreter of the data
chooses to do the distinguishing. I also agree that it makes sense to
allow different edge labels in the array case for type matching
purposes.

Gudge

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues.html#x231