Issue 234: 'unbounded' v '*' in arraySize

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 14:39:30 -0700
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I propose that we close this issue[1] with no action. '*' is concise and
it's meaning is well-defined in the specification. The argument
regarding 'unbounded' does not sway me, as 'unbounded' appears in schema
documents rather than instances. It is by no means certain that should
the XML Schema group define an array type they would use 'unbounded' in
the instance document to indicate an array of arbitrary size. I think it
at least as likely they would use '*'

Gudge

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues.html#x234