RE: Problem with resolution of Issue 221

Ahh, that's pretty much the clincher for me.

> In short, even a simple capability of carrying PI's introduces
> some complexity into the specifications, into applications and
> APIs, and into conformance testing.

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

> Having said that, I would also like to point out that the workgroup
> has reached the point that most successful software projects reach,
> where having a stable design and shipping a specification begins to
> grow in importance relative to making every design decision perfectly.

Right.  I was just hoping there was a better rationale, and there does
seem to be.  OK, I'm comfortable with forbidding them entirely, even
if a plausible case can be made in the other direction.