RE: Problem with resolution of Issue 221

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:47:55 -0700
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I was under the impression that the purpose of this thread was to
clarify the apparent contradiction of the documented resolution to issue
221 which was why it was raised again on this list.

I completely agree that this is beyond the scope of the editors, which
is why I responded to the discussion. Nothing has happened to the
document at this point in time.

As I was not at the recent f2f, I was merely referring to a related
resolution that the WG as a whole decided some time ago and which is
inconsistent with aspects of the discussion that has happened regarding
issue 221. Maybe I am missing something but I haven't seen this
contradiction addressed in the thread other than in the mail I sent out
which explicitly talks about the forwarding case of PIIIs.

Henrik