Re: mime type for SOAP Encoding XML format

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:35:06 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Dan,

We've settled on 'application/soap+xml' for SOAP1.2. The ID
is at[1]. It should be noted that we raised the question with
the TAG[2] as to the appropriateness of this choice.

Per the SOAP1.1 spec[3], the media type is defined
as 'text/xml'.

HTH,

Chris

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-soap-media-reg-00.txt