RE: Providing a short name for single-request-response MEP

> what's wrong with simple-request-response

Simplicity is somewhat subjective and doesn't really indicate the nature of
the constraint (that its about a single request/response on isolation from
all others that might be going on between the same two entities at about the
same time).

I'd prefer just plain 'request-response' adding the preface 'simple'.

Stuart

> Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
>
> > The spec editors took an action item to request input on
> determining the
> > name for "single-request-response MEP" described in part 2 [1]. John
> > Ibbotson recently brought up the issue that it was not
> particularly well
> > described as to what was meant.
> >
> > The editors have taken the feedback and attempted to
> clarify the text
> > (already in [1]) but did not manage to come up with a
> better short name,
> > partly because such names tend to describe single aspects
> rather than a
> > complete picture. Therefore, unless we hear strongly otherwise, the
> > proposal is to keep the existing short name.
> >
> > Comments?
> >
> > Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
> > mailto:henrikn@microsoft.com
> >
> > [1]